The Old Forge

The forge in the early 1900's.

Notice there was a house on corner where the toilets now stand

In the Square at Forge Cottage was a blacksmith's shop owned by Mr. Richard Oke.

On his retirement in 1942 the shop was run as a metal repair shop by Mr. Hartill for a time and was then closed.

Will Oke outside the forge in the 1920's

Since the late 1980's, the building has been owned by John Crowley of Crowley Graphics, a printer.

[ Back to top ]